The Water of Life – At Home
THE WATER OF LIFE FILM AND WHISKY TASTING
Enjoy the movie from the comfort of your own home, no matter where you are in the world. And if you happen to be in Edmonton, Alberta you can drink along with the film too!
DATE + TIME:
May 27, 2022, – Jun 9, 2022.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Link to watch the Water of Life film – The film link will be available for you to watch at anytime between May 27th and June 9th.
- Link to listen to a special Dram Fine podcast episode w/special guests Greg W Swartz, ‘The Water of Life” Producer and Director + Gez McAlpine, from Bruichladdich, Remy Cointreau National Manager.
- 4 drams of Bruichladdich (If you are in Edmonton area only)
COST: All of the proceeds are donated to Drams 4 Fams charity.
- $25 FOR THE FILM, PODCAST INTERVIEW + DRAMS
- $18 FOR THE FILM + PODCAST INTERVIEW
If you chose the with drams option, you need to collect your whisky from Whisky Drop (11752 149 St NW, Edmonton) between May 20th-27th.
Must be 18+ to purchase the $25 dram option.
Do you know we now have some awesome subscription options? If you subscribe to the Sherry Butt level you get the event for free and we’ll donate to the charity for you. Check out our subscription options here.
WATCH THE TRAILER:
The Water of Life – A Whisky Film is a feature documentary that focuses on the craftsmen, chemists, and renegades at the heart of the whisky revolution that turned the stagnant scotch whisky industry of the 1980s into the titan it is today.
Starting behind the locked gates of an abandoned distillery, Jim McEwan and Mark Reynier share their personal experiences of the risk-taking and wild experimentation they used to turn Bruichladdich into a creative and financial powerhouse.
The film also takes you on the journeys of visionaries like Gordon & MacPhail, Billy Walker, Dr. Rachel Barrie and David Stewart, whose mixture of talent, chemistry, hard work, grit, and a little sprinkle of magic paved the way for the next generation of innovators like Adam Hannett, Kelsey McKechnie, Liam Hughes, Iain Croucher, and Eddie Brook.
The Water of Life – A Whisky Film is a uniquely personal perspective on the evolution of whisky by those who lived it – the story of those who played a key part in rediscovering the crafting of the ancient spirit.